love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Seasons

I was thinking today what about the seasons remind me of God and my relationship with him.

Winter does because it is white and pure like Jesus. The diamonds that lay on top of a fresh fallen snow are beautiful, but nothing compared to what is will be like to see Jesus. He is so much more beautiful then even that, and that is enough to take my breath away. Sadly the snow can show me the negative part of my walk with Christ too. The part where I leave his side or try to take care of myself and it is cold and dreary outside. The snow represents struggles, each snowflake can be something different and when finished they can have devastating effect. They look pretty (sin is always fun or attractive or we wouldn’t fall) but they can stop us in our tracks if Jesus isn’t melting us a path for us to continue. I love winter but especially when I feel warm because of Christ’s love for me.

Spring of course all the new life, especially here in Oklahoma. There are foals on every corner it seems, baby skunks usually running occasionally unsuccessfully across the road, since all the babies. It keeps me thinking about what is still young in my life and what is maturing. It shows God’s loves us so much he brings future generations even to the animals. Sometimes the weather is so nice I lose my focus on the nice things in the spring, I love the weather so much, I forget how important it is to be responsible and continue moving forward and I get stagnant enjoying things as they are. Then the spring storms even tornado’s come in to wake me up and bring God back into the picture if I lost focus of him as I did time. Each thing in life has a season and usually within those seasons there are both good and bad happenings. Luckily all that new life in the spring reminds me of all God’s promises.

Summer is the warmth of God’s love. The sun is shining and it puts light on all the good and bad things in my life. There are bright colors and a lot of yard work. Still, I love the sun it reminds me of the warmth of his love and the “EXTREME” heat I feel when I am straying from his path. Sometimes it is so hot I know what the fire of hell might be like (or a inth of a degree) it gets really hot here in Oklahoma. I sweat it out at times just like paths that we travel in life, but I know I will be safe in the warmth of his love.

Fall is a time to shed the old and await for the new changes God brings. The leaves change then fall off. The old things in my life does that at various times. First the change happens like the color of the leaves and the color of the issues I am having. Then they mature and fall of to make room for what God plans for next year. It is cool, but not to cold it is a safe time to adapt to new situations and make changes.

Not all things happen in these seasons but just a reflection of how I compare life with the seasons. As long as we are growing we are still alive no matter what the season. However, if we chose to quit growing we are no longer living. We should challenge ourselves to a new season everyday.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    Really powerful analogies! I'm hoping summer is coming! but each season holds good and bad.

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home