love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Friday, May 12, 2006

my daughter is so good :0

My blog is below but I wanted to attach this today too.

This poem is by my insightful 15-year-old daughter it was recently published and I just thought it was thought provoking and I wanted to share.




In One Moment

In one moment everything you’ve ever known can change into the unknown
In one moment things can happen that no one will be able to understand
In one moment people can take away your innocence
In one moment your whole world can come crashing down around you.
In one moment you could tell a lie that can cause part of someone else to die
In one moment romance can begin
In one moment a heart can be broken
In one moment millions of people can be killed
In one moment you can make your dreams come true
In one moment you can lose the only person who ever meant anything to you
In one moment someone can commit suicide without even thinking twice
In one moment you can save someone’s life
In one moment you can say something that you can never take back
In one moment you can shatter someone’s trust in you
In one moment you can make the biggest mistake of your life
In one moment you can make an everlasting memory
In one moment you can exceed expectations
In one moment you can find out what is waiting around the bend
In one moment you have to decide what your destiny will be because—
In one moment your whole life can come to a shocking end and you won’t be able to come back again.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    Where was it published? Is it available yet. You know I can't get enough fodder for nephew/niece pride!

    Have a happy day!!!! one moment at a time!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger great2beme said…

    It is in a book called A Celebration of young Poets I will send you the link but I have a copy you can see when I see you next

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    Such wisdom from such a young girl! :)

    Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home