love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The colors in my world

We have had so much rain lately in our lives it is amazing. Still it was easy for me to find the thing that is a blessing to me in the everyday mundane life. It is the “RAINBOW”. I have loved them since I was a little girl. Some people now days think it is a representation of gays or something, but for me it is a representation of a promise. The promise we won’t be flooded again. This opened up a thought for me. I am been flooded with tears so much these past few days I can’t eat, sleep, and even breathe right now. I paused today to see my rainbow. It is many colors just like the real one. My sister is purple (I know she likes green-but I didn’t call her yellow she will be happy to know). Anyway, she is purple because it brings brightness to my world when the rest is too dark. She knows my dark sides and she lets God work on those and yet she encourages me. She isn’t like red that is too bright at times because it wants me to feel what I don’t she is just bright enough and I can never decide when people ask me my favorite primary color I always choose Royal Blue or Red and purple is a combination of my two favorites.
The Yellow in my world is my son. He can brighten any room in the world. I call him my conscience but I love that about him because he keeps me on my toes and lightens any room he enters, without even knowing it is just like the sun it is what he does. Thank God for the sunshine.
Blue is my mom because she can make me feel cheery and bright but at times she can make me feel sad too. Blue does both these things depending on the shade, in sign language you actually sign the colors with the same sign in different manners to represent the blue that is there and that is how it is with my mom. You know what though I know she loves me and I will always know that. She is sometimes tough like denim, or cheery like royal blue or light blue when she is disappointed with something. I love her. She is an awesome mom who always did the best she could with all she had I only hope my kids think I am as good as her when I go.
Red would have to be my friend Cristi. She cheers me without even trying. Sometimes I bleed for more time with her and she can’t provide it but the time she gives is always uplifting. She loves me through the struggles and reminds me of Christ’s blood and how I should remember it and what it means to me. She always loves pink a lighter shade of red. This is the gentleness in her and the way she presents the information. She is busy like red and wants me to feel good when I can, but understands when I don’t as well. She understands my desire to feel this bright and uplift like this and yet knows why sometimes I can’t.
Green would have to be my daughter. Wow! She is not a green in anyway that you might think of the color. She is fresh though. She is like the new growth in spring. Always coming up with a way to change the ideas in the room. Not afraid to stand up for what she believes as long as I am not looking over her shoulder. She is green with envy when she tells my sister how beautiful she thought I was as a child and yet I don’t see it she is far more beautiful then me. Someday when she finishes maturing I hope she sees the beauty of her greenness. That sounds weird but green has a language of it’s own and so does B (that’s what we call her) it is beautiful when no one thinks it can be, it is dark with judgment whether it is judging herself (not in a bad way, but you know what I mean) she knows what she wants in life and although it hurts when people don’t believe in her she shines bright like the yellow in her own way, cheery like red because of her smile, silly like blue when she is unpredictable, but a combination of all good like purple.
So as my marriage is falling apart at the moment or so it seems I am grateful for the rainbow of support I have in life. I love them all for their uniqueness and how well they blend when together. I hate that I am in pain but I am glad I see the things I have to love and be grateful for. Thanks you God for giving me the rainbow to make my day shine even if it is a dark thunderstorm.
Okay, so I think I win the book of Guinness world records for the longest post but I had too. Not funny, just real. So go out and have a Real Day! Be happy with who you are even if the world wants to change you. You are exactly who God created you to be! See you all tomorrow or because I am feeling inspired maybe later today!!! For now Good-bye Blogdom!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    this is unbelievable! I love it! Thank you for including me, I am blessed to have you as my sister...truly blessed...

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    BTW don't think I've forgotten that Purple is the color of insanity! OUTRAGE!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger great2beme said…

    You are the blessing. I am obviously not all that from the looks of my life lately. Stay crazy, that way the trip to old age won't be so rough.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    trip...what do you mean trip...do I need to pack NOW? Good grief, no one told me I'd have to pack on the way....that much be what all these wrinkles are for...more storage! LOL

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    oops...correct...that MUST be what all the wrinkles are for...

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    what beautiful thoughts thank you

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    What a blessing YOU are! You have shared with us through a trial--you have blessed us with a brightly colored rainbow of blessings--pointing us to take the high road when all we feel like doing is roll around in the mud of life.

    You are in my prayers.

    Diane

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger great2beme said…

    Thanks for everyone's prayers. My whole family needs them. And Diane as for rolling in the mud it is cooler there at times, but God wont let me stay there. I guess he doesn't like me to get stuck in the dirt. LOL! You're notes are always so uplifting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home