love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

God Works Fast

Today was incredible. An answer to prayer, through the little ones at the elementary school. Just yesterday I was talking about how we all need to be bold and stand up for God and then today at my son's school they had to do a thing called "Penny Arcade" and they tell about the person who inspires them or their heros something to that effect. There were many people both old and young represented there. Including people like Rosa Parks, Dr. Phil etc. The kids pretend like they are that person, dress like them, and then tell who they are through research about that person, and then they bring props as well etc.
Here is the amazing part. Two kids chose to be Jesus. One was a girl and she actually was an angel who told us about who Jesus was and about the resurrection and the other was a boy who took on that role. You pay a penny to a cup and the give you the short biography. I stopped in wonderment at WOW, the school is allowing these kids to talk about Jesus to anyone who wants to hear and even at all in this crazy time.
More then that, I stopped and looked around and no offense, but no one was there acting like Allah or Joseph Smith, Buddha or any of the other religios icons, but Jesus!!! How wonderful.
I guess even better than talking about and standing up for Christ in schools, is our next generation our future of prophets, healers, etc. are doing it for themselves. (If you give a man a fish he eats for a day if you teach him he will eat for a lifetime) Parents are teaching their kids to be bold in their beliefs, and encouraging 8 year old kids (in the case) to talk about Jesus. I was so excited and grateful about how quickly God is beginning to answer my prayers, or maybe lighten my load knowing that it is happening and I can do my part, but not stress over others because God has it all under control. Yes, I sometimes forget that. I know it in my head but my heart won't let things go and just listen.
This is just one more case that God is showing me that my prayers are good but he wants even more than that for me and limiting him and his control only hurts me. I always know when his will is at work things are gonna happen and it will be bigger than I ever imagined. Thank you God for showing me what I needed to see, giving me peace in my heart and a goal in my home!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home