love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dream Giver

I was looking back over this amazing book and decide to blog about it today. I don't know if you have ever read it but if you haven't do it is life changing. I didn't always know what God wanted for my life and after I found it I thought okay it is smooth sailing from here on. Then I read this book and it is smoothe sailing but like I said yesterday his plans are bigger than mine. He continues to change and adapt what I am to do with this purpose he's given me here on earth and I am always amazed.
It talks about how just maybe if we don't do what we are supposed to on earth maybe it won't get done in the way it would have had we not gotten content. I mean like I love what I do, my job serves a purpose, I am moving forward with other rising opportunities and so I sometimes tend to relax or even maybe get lazy. Whenever I perk up and focus God moves my dream or purpose along a little farther and it gets a little bigger and often more challenging. UGH! However, the blessings that come from it get bigger as well. Not neccessarily me being blessed (although I am) but the people who I touch when God had led me there. It always shows how you meet up with the people who were doing what you will continue to do after they have gone. You know kind of like our elders. This person or persons that we meet maybe has advice on things we have or will encounter and a new way of seeing it. Not to mention becoming an elder in experiences to pass on as well.
Here is an example, I went to my son's school to teach them a little about Deaf Culture and some sign language as well. I went there just wanting to educate them and not have them afraid if they encounter a deaf person which they will in our school district. Well, it went well the kids learned, asked great questions, taught me a little and it was a great day. Then almost a year later a little girl comes up to me and asks if I can help her learn a little sign and she wanted books about it for Christmas and I don't know if she will ever become an interpreter but I know that with her interest a deaf person and maybe hearing people will be touched by her life. What I did to educate someone has possible watered a seed that God has placed in them. It was amazing I would have never dreamed that would happen. Now when we pass I always teach her a new sign and we can talk in the halls of school. It is God in the works.
The book also talks about some not to pleasurable experience they refer to as Border Bullies. These are the people or obstacles in our life that are set up to make us stumble no matter how unintentional. They can be friends, parents, strangers or anything but you will know who they are in your life if you read it when it gives the descriptions.
I don't want to give away the end but I will say it taught me what I had to do in order for God's plan to excel in my life and what my perspective had to be in order to be successful. I have a long way to go but I am finally moving again out of the desert.
So,let the Dreams Begin to be all that you Dream God don't be limited by my perspective.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    Okay, 1st NO one has come to me wanting more information on bookkeeping (LOL)...though this is so NOT my destiny, thank you Jesus...secondly I have got to read that book. I still haven't...what's wrong with me?

    It's my next read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home