love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Speak Out!

Why is it if we were in church and God gave us a world we would speak up in front of everyone to spread God's news, yet when they ask us not to pray in schools we just concede. Why can't Christians be kind and gracious and still be bold? Maybe other people do and have it mastered and this year I am improving but this is so on my heart. We have to quit sitting back afraid to make a wave, therefore we don't even make a ripple. This started this year when my daughter was told she had to argue Creationism without using the words "Creator, God, Our Maker, etc" you get the idea. I started arguing with the teacher and I said had I known you were starting this unit I would have said it was against my religion to do it, like every other nationality and religion gets to do. As a Christian I think I should have the right to be offended (for lack of better words) and not allow my child to study this evolution. I was amazed at the emails and responses I got and in the end she was allowed to argue it and her argument was good. Did she win? No because God isn't science and this was a science class so she couldn't win. I told her if it happens again she needs to argue evolution via the Bible. Things adapt yes but I am not a Monkeys Uncle or Aunt for that matter and I don't want my kids being told they are, and worse that it is a fact. UGH! We have got to stand up and fight for the Christian rights in schools, buses, public places we were founded on this here in this country it is time we give credit where credit is due!
Just a soap box I climbed on today because I feel like too often I am convinced by myself and others that if I am a "good Christian" I won't cause problems and the Lord is showing me talking about him isn't the problem it is when we don't that the problems start and worsen. So let's all speak up and fight for the God who we believe in and who believes in us!
Speak OUT! Kindly yes but firmly too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home