love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Time flies

Wow! I can't believe it has been over a month since I have written and life has been so crazy I didn't even realize it until I got on here this afternoon. I can't even begin to catch everyone up so I will post a brief blog today and go from there.

I started thinking about where have I been and what have I been doing? When I realized having extra time is like winning the lottery, when people find out you have it they have a few ways for you to use a minute or two here and there, and friends come from out of nowhere ready to "borrow some of your time". My problem is I have never learned the gift of that word "NO!"

Don't get me wrong I love to do things for people. Especially my family, but I just need to remember even I have needs and limits and I can give as many minutes as I have, but I have to stop giving more than I can, coming home so warn out my family will eventually suffer. It is crazy you set out to do one thing and yet the complete opposite happens. I remember as a kid my mom would send me to my room to clean it and I would have it so much worse when I was in the middle then it even was in the beginning. It does improve but after some time (in my case a lot of time) and then finally I would be back on track and stop reading every paper, sharpening every pencil etc. I would focus on the goal and get with it. I guess I need to learn this skill with my minutes too.

I guess my goal is to make sure that I do what God wants me to do in a day and I know wearing myself down til the kids get more minutes but less quality isn't the way. Still, it will be a struggle, yet somehow that is my goal for this year. I have a junior in high school that will soon leave me and a boy in 4th grade that is becoming more independent every day, so I will focus on making less minutes count rather than more minutes that are void to them. This wil be a tougher goal as y husband has recently accepted a job in another city and we will no longer live together during the week. He is going to be there and I won't be moving until my daughter graduates. Crazy I know, but I believe it is God's plan.

Keep us in your prayers! I think we are going to need it for this bumpy ride.

Michelle

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    I'm glad you're back and I'll be praying GOD'S WILL about the move.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home