love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It is Wednesday and life is great. I don't have anything amazing going on but I do have a wonderful family (yes even Kevin, although he isn't always nice) but they are wonderful. They bless me with their smiles, their words, their love and their amazing endurance in believing God is with us.
My son will get up in a few minutes and go play a game of baseball in his make believe world and he will look just like he is playing for the major leaguers. He has an imagination that has to be a gift form God. He will play all the parts on the field and he will do them all well. He will show me what childhood energy can be like. He will ask me to watch and although I think I am too busy he will kindly remind me that I am going to miss a once in a lifetime chance to see his invisible team play this other invisible team and it could make history. How can I refuse an invitation like that.
Then hours later my daughter will rise. She has the gift to be able to sleep through anything and not worry about what she misses out on. She knows that although the early bird gets the worm she can have pizza until midnight. She is so laid back and doesn't let the rush of life destroy any of her day. Makes me crazy sometimes, but I know it is a gift. She won't invite me into her world especially not her room but that is a gift too because I do let things get to me and that place she sleeps is one of them. :) I guess getting up so late there is not time to trouble yourself with a little cleaning. I am sure she will not ever have heart problems because she doesn't worry. For that I am also thankful.
I will work out, watch my son mow the neighbors and his game. Feed my daughter eventually and just be thankful for the things God has given me today. I hope today can make great memories doing everyday things.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    I think dad's exercise (on the positive...) has penetrated you...perhaps I should play a round!

    Seriously...I'm so glad the day has hope and light for you, as each day should. You have such a wonderful way to look at things and I love to read what you write almost as much as speaking to you in person!

    I love you!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger the voice said…

    What a beautiful tribute to your family. Your daughter sounds too much like ours, including the sleep schedule and room thing. So funny. God bless you, Ken

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    Love, love, LOVE your attitude! Yes, summers for teens--means arising no earlier than noon! Way to pick the battle--to win the war!

    Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home