love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Monday, June 05, 2006

God is Good

Church was so good this weekend, as usual I am grateful to be loved
by my father. I made it through without feeling WEAK at all. My father
faithfully loved me and showed me I was loved through it all. I'm
learning to depend more on him and less on people every single day.
My daughter went to her birth father's this weekend. My husband
adopted her years ago but we agreed if she wanted to see him she could
so she is spending the week there. I decided to do a deep spring
cleaning on her room, it took 6 hours so far, and I am not done yet. I
am surprised she could even find her way out daily because it was a
disaster. Then I began to think, it reminds me of life.
Our life gets piled up with stuff and once and a while we have to go
and clean out the junk. In the in between times we do okay if we trust
God will all that stuff but he calls us not to leave life undone but to
clean out the bad stuff. Then, we look and we realize we trusted him to
take care of a lot more than we knew and shouldn't have let it build
like that to begin with. One thing at a time is much easier. I pray
god keeps me aware of my issues one at a time instead of major trauma
from not being faithful to leave it at throne each day.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger the voice said…

    Your daughter's room sounds just like our daughter's room. I guess it's normal for teens, but doesn't it make you just want to scream? Our daughter is leaving this week for 1 1/2 months in Guatemala, so we're hoping to do a little cleaning ourselves, even though she has forbidden us from going into her room while she's gone. Guess she's going to be a little suprised. God bless you, Ken

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger great2beme said…

    WOW! 1 1/2 months. It does make me want to scream that and several other things she does, but she has the heart of Jesus and I know that a messy room isn't as important as that. So as all parents do I will keep right on trucking through doing the best I can to instill the gift of cleaning in her world, but accept the plan God has for her in spite of my wishes. :) Enjoy your time that hse is gone, I will keep her in my prayers.
    In His Love,
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home