love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Changes

Life is ever changing and although I am grateful for that I must admit change is not my favorite thing in the world. As a matter of fact it used to be the one thing I detested more than life itself. I am learning as I mature in Christ and in life that change is inevitable and even a good thing sometimes. It helps me not to become complacent in my walk and in my parenting.
Often in Oklahoma they say if you don’t like the weather wait a minute it will change and that has proven a multitude of times to be accurate. I guess that in and of itself change is one of the small things that have allowed me and taught me to be grateful for change. I mean 30 some odd days of over 100 degree heat stinks (literally depending on who you are with) and so change with a little cloud cover, cool breeze or rain is a good thing. That started me taking baby steps towards change.
Now as I get up to see another God given day through I can be thankful that change occurs, I grow sometimes and sometimes people around me do, but no matter what the change is something God gives me as a gift so I won’t get stuck in the mundane. First, I became a mom to a beautiful little girl, who grew and things changed I decided I wanted another baby and this time I got the most precious baby boy and although parenting was somewhat the same it was still a change from the past experiences. Each time I go through a change like this or any other I know I am maturing or at least trying too and so today I will be thankful for change!
I pray my attitude reflects the love of Christ no matter what kind of change I am enduring and that I bless those around me. I pray God continues to soften my heart even though it may get battered at times I am thankful to have it and to be able to feel his love for me. Let change bless me not stifle me and to know that the change isn’t stifling me it is my attitude towards it I will looks past the obstacles and find the blessings. AMEN! Be blessed change brings good things.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    You are growing, you know! I still look at you and see that little girl who insisted on that stuffed animal and threw the tantrum...and somewhere inside us both...she exists!

    I love you!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger the voice said…

    Well, I left a nice long comment about transformation, and how sometimes it's filled with joy, and other times it hurts, and how God is with us through it all. But guess what? BLOGGER ATE MY COMMENT!!! Sorry, about that rant, just getting a little frustrated. I'm better now though. Remember that we are all transforming, each at our own pace, and Jesus is there with us always. God bless you, Ken

     

Post a Comment

<< Home