love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Friday, June 02, 2006

WEEKENDS!

Why is it right now when Friday arrives I feel WEAK-END? As a kid it was an exciting time and we couldn’t wait to sleep in and enjoy the lazy days and now I feel like UGH! I mean I enjoy the extra time to chat with the hubby. Still, I feel worn down and just as I get used to the extra people and stuff then work starts again for most of them? I pray God you can keep my spirits up and people will continue to pray for K and I so we can grow in you a little more each day. My attitude is right I think I am just a little weary. I think I will go read the word and lay down with my Father and his promises to me! Everyone have a great weekend! Make it the good kind. Everything is a choice right?! I chose to enjoy this weekend!

Hey everyone one last thought, for a few days Kevin was praying and getting in the word with me but the last two he stopped again and was defensive. Please continue to pray for a hedge of protection and if anyone hears from the Voice (because he is a man) please tell him I am requesting his help on what a woman can do to show her man that she loves him. I know that God has to help him accept it, but men know what men like. So tell him to stop by here and give me any little doses of love that he knows! Thaks, have a great weekend and thank you for the prayers and support we are gonna make it I know it is just so hard! My mom never said life would be easy, and she said marriage would be difficult, but she never said it would be this difficult!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    This reminds me of the adult version of Carol Kent's book "Lord, Help Me Lay My Isaiah Down!" I think it's like so many people have found (the two of us not excluded)...until we truly release our spouses to God, in every way...we don't free God to make those changes needed in them!

    Have you been to the "Voice" (Ken) for his thoughts? He's on a link at my space if you need the address???

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger great2beme said…

    I haven't gone there, I will. I want you to teach me this weekend how to add links to mine and how to add a picture and we are on for the lunch thing we can work out details this weekend.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger the voice said…

    Okay, I don't really know where you two are at, but I'll give you some thoughts that might help. First, the issue of his faith. You cannot expect him to progress in faith at the speed you want. Everyone progresses at a different pace. I suggest getting him his own bible, maybe even one geared towards men. Then there is music. You stated your husband likes rock and roll. There are a LOT of incredibly talented Christian rock bands out there. Buy him some CD's for Fathers Day. I suggest Third Day "Come Together", Delirious? "Glo", Switchfoot "Beautiful Letdown", or if he likes really hard rock, Pillar "Hypnotized", Ten Thousand Foot Krutch "Phenomenom" or Sanctus Real "Say it Loud". Other things: Back rubs for no reason, watch something he wants to watch and really take an interest, have him teach you something he likes to do, well you get the idea. The catch is that you should expect nothing in return, and if you do get a thank you of some kind, be sure to tell him you did it out of love. Making a marriage work means both sacrifice for each other, that each loves the other more than themself. It may take a while to get there, but be patient. If you have more, or specific questions, e-mail me at kenk3816@aol.com. I will help however I can. I continue to pray for the both of you. God bless you, Ken

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger great2beme said…

    Thank you! Your advice is a great place to start. Thanks for your time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home