love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

God Can you hear me now?!

I am having one of those weeks where I wonder if God can even hear me. I would probably know if I would be still and listen for him, but it seems like when I need to be still the most I have the most difficulty doing it. I have been fighting for one of my kids rights all week at school. I lost one of the battles and you always have to wonder will they still treat her right? I have been asking God to give me peace or reveal why I shouldn't have it so I can deal with things I need too but I just don't think I have a response.
I know God is good and he loves the kids even more than me. I also know he has intrusted me with them and wants me to train them and protect them and raise them to be believers true. It is so hard to not be able to stop their pain especially when they are going the right way, it is just the wrong people are seeing it. I don't understand why teachers need to tear down students in order to build themselves up. I don't want to understand it I want to change it. I have these great plans and dreams and yet I feel like sometimes they are just that..."DREAMS!" How can one person change the world.
I know Jesus did and has and still is, but why is what to do so hard to answer? I know this thing is a downer today but I fel down I feel like the harder I try the worse I make things. I feel good about the way I handle something (well God handles it through me) then I begin to doubt it all. I am so glad he is still God on the good and bad days because I sure need a friend and I am glad I have him.
So I will wait and wonder...God can you hear me now??? What do I do next?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    My heart heard your struggle as I read your post today. I just finished posting something similar on my blog--and used a book of promises as my resource: My Personal PROMISE BIBLE for Mothers. I use scripture from time to time to remind God....with the utmost respect of course!!!...of His word. For instance, regarding the safety and wellbeing of your child..."The Lord is faithful, who shall establish me and my chidren and keep us from evil." 2 Thessalonians 3:3

    LORD, You are my keeper and my children's keeper...You will preserve us from all evil. You will preserve our souls. You shall preserve our going out and our coming in from this time forth and forever." Psalm 121: 5, 7-8.

    It is FULL of scripture promises written in such a way they can almost be prayers for you and your children. I keep it in my purse! It needs to be that close! A mother never knows when she is going to have to go to battle for her children!

    "My children who dwell in Your secret place, most High, shall abide under Your shadow, Almighty....There shall no evil befall them, neither shall any plague come near them. For You shall give Your angels charge over them, to keep them in all their ways. Psalm 91: 1, 10-11

    That is just one way I pray....when I am not feeling heard. Somehow, by reciting or praying the Word....my heart is comforted...and I actually feel heard!

    Try it!

    Diane

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger great2beme said…

    Thank you I needed that! It serves as a reminder to me as well. When I get worn down sometimes I read the word in general and don't look for promises, maybe because I am not expecting any hope to arrive, I expect I should already know and the guilt or worrying or admitting to worrying keeps me from striving for more or sitting down to hear it. I have one of those books I guess I better start carrying it with me as well. :)

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    Dear Little sis',

    Don't despair...remember all these 'tests' are for the growth of our endurance! You are one tough woman already and God has even greater plans...so buckle up and prepare for the ride of your life, it only gets better!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    One of my favorite verses is in Isaiah 65:24 "...before they call, I will answer, and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

    kpjara is right. These tests are for the growth of our endurance.

    During one particular trying time in my life, I felt pretty discouraged and without hope. Over and over in the Psalms that day, I read the words 'hope in God'.

    He'll bring you through the valleys. : - )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home