love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One day in his courts

Okay so it wasn't the Lord's court but it was court and I am sure God's judgement won't be as hard as the people in divorce court. It was weird listening them to talk to me about a broken home when it is not at all what I wanted. Still as I heard the judge describe what happens to children when their parents are parents and can't be nice to one another I have to wonder where my kids will fall. I turn them over to God so he can help me guide them but have the ultimate control of their lives.
My husbands attorney was an hour late and that costs me for my attorney being there. Then there is the whole battle that begins. Long story short, we got the house, I got sole custody which in Oklahoma it means he gets them 50% of the time, but he agreed that was not feasible (PTL). He is taking them every other weekend, and possibly one weeknight for 3 hours. The money however wasn't as easy and we still had not reached an agreement at 1:00 this afternoon so we went on and have a hearing on Monday and the judge will decide. I in the meantime am leaving it in the lords hands and he will protect me because I am his child and I have his covering.
I am mentally and physically spent so more tomorrow if I can. Now I have to go around and look for all the details my attorney wants. I don't know if he is going to like everything I send but I can't help it. Please continue to pray favor on us and whatever else God leads you to pray about. Monday could go badly for me, yet I don't have that feeling at this point. I am praying for God's wisdom if I should just settle for 200.00 less or go on and fight for what is mine.

Michelle

1 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    My heart is aching for you. this is a very difficult thing to do--I hear what you are saying and applaud your surrender. Not that you have surrendered alone--it is who you have surrendered to.

    I am praying that God will provide peace, answers where the questions are tough....and continued assurance to know that He is providing for you even when provision seems impossible. You have given your life, he lives of your children and even the life of your soon-to-be-ex husband over to Him--they are in good hands.

    Keep posting....we'll keep praying.

    Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home